This year I made an attempt at being domestic and decided to learn to can. This has been something I have been afraid of doing and have put off for quite awhile. I intended on doing tomatoes and peaches this year but my neighbor Lorrie told me that she would teach me how to do cherry and apple pie filling. This sounded way more fun than tomatoes and peaches so I opted for sweet rather than practical. This will not surprise anyone who knows me. It was a lot of fun and left me with quite a sense of accomplishment. I'm actually excited for next year when I can try more things.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I want some...
ReplyDeleteJeremy
I am so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteHook a sista up with some sweet stuff.... Oh and if ya could go ahead a bake it in a yummy pie too j/k. Love ya Malissa. CONGRATS I am not one to bottle,bake,or cook very often so Your my new hero Nat.
ReplyDeleteLooks pretty. Next year I wanna do it too. My mom cans, but I never learned how. Thanks for the party at G. Village. Lots of fun. Next stop, MAC Make-up.
ReplyDelete