Grandpa Brereton - Favorite memories of him came later when he was a widow and living at Cove Point. I would go visit him often and we would listen to his old country music. I think that may have been where I got my love for the classic country. One thing that sticks out too is that I would go get him for Sunday dinner and he wasn't a man of many words so the car ride was spent listening to the radio and sometimes he would sing. I remember he had a really nice voice and it was fun just to listen.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Memorial Day!
I realize this is way late - but you know me. For Memorial Day I usually go put flowers on my Grandma and Grandpa Brereton's grave at East Lawn Cemetery and then up to my Grandpa Zobell's grave at Orem Cemetery. I usually go by myself but this year I went with my mom and Sadie. We went up the Saturday before Memorial Day. It was a beautiful day and I had no idea how entertaining it would be for Sadie. She was running everywhere and stealing stuff off of graves. She kept stealing windmills and things and I was frantically trying to put them back where they belonged. I can't say for sure that I was successful. It was a nice day to reflect on what great Grandparents I have and to remember fond memories I've had with them.
Grandpa Zobell -favorite memories of my Grandpa Zobell are his funny songs he would sing like "Rack-a-doo", and "She's Got Freckles on Her But...", snuggling with him when he came to visit - he always smelled so good! Midnight snacks when I would sleep over, going out back and picking and eating cherries, and painted rocks!
Grandma Brereton - Favorite memories of her are her soft cheeks, her jewelry, the red purse she gave me with all her Avon samples in it, and I would love it when she'd get fiesty!
Grandpa Brereton - Favorite memories of him came later when he was a widow and living at Cove Point. I would go visit him often and we would listen to his old country music. I think that may have been where I got my love for the classic country. One thing that sticks out too is that I would go get him for Sunday dinner and he wasn't a man of many words so the car ride was spent listening to the radio and sometimes he would sing. I remember he had a really nice voice and it was fun just to listen.
Grandpa Brereton - Favorite memories of him came later when he was a widow and living at Cove Point. I would go visit him often and we would listen to his old country music. I think that may have been where I got my love for the classic country. One thing that sticks out too is that I would go get him for Sunday dinner and he wasn't a man of many words so the car ride was spent listening to the radio and sometimes he would sing. I remember he had a really nice voice and it was fun just to listen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.