Wednesday, December 10, 2008

ER

Last night I was laying in bed around 10:30 and heard what I thought to be our neighbor's dog. He sounded like he was choking on a bone or something and I was getting annoyed because I was trying to get to sleep. Well, after a couple of minutes of hacking I heard crying and realized that this sound was not coming from the neighbor's dog it was my poor Sadie! I ran into her room and she was crying, laboring to breath and burning up! I was in a panic. She had been perfectly fine all day and it came on so quickly. I called the after hours nurse and she told Mike and I to take her to the Emergency Room. Once we were there and after waiting for what seemed like forever they diagnosed her with Croup. Poor thing. They gave her some anti-inflammatory medicine and sent us on her way. We put a humidifier in her room and she slept soundly once we got home. She seemed better today but was still not her old self. The funniest part of the whole thing is that she was fascinated by her raspy voice and pretty much sang all day so she could hear it. Although it was funny, it did about drive me bonkers by the end of the day!

1 comment:

  1. Small world! I live by your cousin, Andrea Kirk! Her mother just told me that you are expecting. CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.