Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!


When Mike and I started dating I was immediatly drawn to his sense of humor. Second to that was his ability to relate to children. He was so good with my nieces and nephews and they loved him! I knew that when I married him he would make a terrific dad...and I was right!

Ever since Sadie has come into our family it is so fun to watch Mike interact with her. He is a very hands on dad which is very helpful to me. I am constantly amazed at his patience with her, especially if he is teaching her something. He has spent hours teaching her how to use a toy or do something new. It always warms my heart when he isn't around and I see her actually doing what he was trying to teach her. He is amazing! I know that she is young - but I also know that this will translate later in life when she is learning how to ride a bike or just needing help with her homework.

He isn't afraid to change diapers; although he is very vocal while changing poopies! He isn't afraid to watch her if mom needs a night out. He is such a good dad and I am so proud of him! Sadie loves him so much, you can see it in her eyes when he walks through the door! I hope that the bond they are creating now continues on through life and she will always be Daddy's Little Girl!







3 comments:

  1. I love how proud Mike is of her. You can tell he loves her so much. Happy first father's day Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet tribute to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, I think you suffer from Happy Dad Syndrome your all smiles when your with Sadie AND just think you wanted to sale her on ebay. Sure glad you did'nt she's a keeper. Happy Farther's Day Mike

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.