Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Newest Edition to the King Family

Our new little baby girl was born today, July 22, 2009 at 3:09am. She weighed in at 7.9 lbs and was 19" long.

This delivery went MUCH faster than Sadie's which took 26 hours of labor before she decided to show up. Although it was much quicker it was much more painful with respect to labor pains. I was pretty sure Nat was going to tear the guard rails off the bed and start flinging them around. Natalie started with labor pains at around 7pm yesterday. Natalie decided to egg on the labor by washing the outside of the windows to the house and then vacuuming our carpet about 7 times. I don't believe there is any carpet left at this point. I went to bed at 11:45am to be woken by Nat saying that we needed to get to the hospital. I think we were in the car and driving before I was awake. I was pretty hasty considering our neighbor didn't make it to their hospital in time and ended up delivering in the hallway at another hospital. So to avoid encountering that situation I ran all red lights and was going about 90 on the highway...good thing it was 1am in the morning. We got to the hospital around 1:38am...not to be exact or anything...where Nat was admitted. The Anesthesiologist...aka Candyman...got in about 2:20am and administered the epidural which apparently, from the screaming of Natalie, was too little to late. During her cries of agony through each contraction I felt a bit light headed and almost passed out. Nice. First time I have ever felt that and instead of headbutting the side of the bed or the floor informed the nurses who helped me sit down and recover. It's pretty embarrassing when your not doing anything with respect to giving birth and then you almost pass out. Sad. Once I recovered I was back in the game. Delivery started just a bit after 3am our new daughter pop into the world at 3:09am. Here are a few pics of her...




3 comments:

  1. Another beautiful girl! Congrats to both of you. Can't wait to hear what her name is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful! She looks so much like Sadie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Mike & Nat...we are so happy for you! Another beautiful girl to add to the fam...She looks so peaceful. We're glad that she's here safe and sound and hope that all goes well in the future. We're sorry Mike that you had such a rough delivery - hey afterall, it is hard work for the dad too...you make us laugh!!! Anyway - CONGRATS we couldn't be happier...☺

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.